Tualatin Family History Center Hours: Sunday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (3rd, 4th and 5th Sundays); Monday 9:00 am to 12 pm; Tuesday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm; Wednesday 3:00 pm to 8:30 pm; Thursday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The Tualatin Family History Center staff provides one-on-one assistance and training. We coach you in learning how to answer your own research challenge questions by helping you: explore available resources, organize and focus your questions, conduct “open minded” research and discover and utilize unexpected finds that will ultimately lead to problem resolution.
2014-2015 Free Family History
Training Series Classes
This 12 lesson series covers major aspects of genealogy research techniques: Beginning your research, researching correctly, proper sourcing, local city resources, immigration, newly added web resources, productive census searches, successful use of court records, uncovering hidden resources, identification of old photographs and much more. Classes meet beginning October 11 at the Tualatin Family History Center. See the Upcoming Events page for the full schedule. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to learn from a seasoned professional and master genealogist!
Are You In Need Of Research Assistance?
We are here to help!
Appointments are not necessary and we encourage drop-in visits. If you wish to make an appointment with a knowledgeable Family History Center staff member specialist, please send us an email:
In the email, briefly describe your research objective: (1) The research country of interest, (2) The specific research problem, (3) What you have done so far to research this interest, and (4) your name and contact information (email and phone number).
Please be patient as we are a part-time volunteer staff. We will do our best to respond to you in a timely manner but there may be some delay in answering your request for assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
How To Use This Website
- Keep a research Journal, Worksheet and Timeline
- Discover and record as much information about the individual and family as possible:
- Home sources
- Living relatives
- Prior research done by others
- Your own research
- Assemble the information in files, preferably a personal computerized genealogy program or online genealogy database
- Use the information and links on this website as a starting point to research as much as you can first
- Visit the Family History Center to use our resources and to discuss your research objective – or email us at TualatinFHC@yahoo.com to setup an appointment with a knowledgeable FHC staff research assistant specialist
- Call the Family History Center with questions or to make a specific appointment with a researcher during our operating hours (See contact information above)
- We are open on a drop-in basis – no appointment is necessary
If you have suggestions on how to improve this website, including additional information you would like us to include, please send an email to TualatinFHC@yahoo.com .
© 2010-2013 Tualatin Family History Center – All Rights Reserved